Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate), Master’s Degree
Who: Syrian refugees interested in studying in Portugal
What: – Tuition fees – monthly sum – cover occasional academic activities. – accommodation in student residences is provided in accordance with the existing availability. – Access to Portuguese language courses.
Where: Partnering Universities in Portugal
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 15 July 2021
Destination Countries: Portugal
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Global Platform for Syrian Students is offering scholarships for the 2021–2022 academic year to refugee students who are already living in Portugal.
The scholarships are intended to support young people with refugee status, who enjoy the right to international protection or who have been accepted in Portugal under relocation, resettlement or humanitarian reasons, who intend to start, complete or continue their higher studies in any area of knowledge, provided they meet the necessary qualifications for entry into the cycle of studies to which they apply.
The Global Platform for Syrian Students is a non-profit multi-stakeholders organisation, founded in November 2013, by Jorge Sampaio, former President of Portugal, with the support of a core group of institutional partners, namely the Council of Europe, the League of Arab States, the International Organization of Migrations (IOM) and the Institute of International Education (IIE). It has awarded more than 650 annual emergency scholarships since its founding.
Deadline: 15 July 2021
– Tuition fees
– Monthly sum
– Cover occasional academic activities
– Accommodation in student residences in accordance with the existing availability.
– Access to Portuguese language courses.
– Be refugee students or asylum seekers;
– Be under 30 years of age;
– Have completed secondary education in Portugal and have applied for higher education through the usual channels (applications for scholarships subject to admission to higher education).
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected], in English.