Fellowships for Refugees for Graduate Study at AUC
The American University in Cairo offers fellowships for refugees who are bright, highly motivated individuals interested in pursuing a master’s degree at AUC. The fellowships support full-time study (nine credits or as required by the programme) in any of the graduate programmes offered at AUC.
Deadline: May 7 for the fall semester, October 26 for the spring semester.
- Refugee status.
- Financial need.
- For new graduate degree-seeking students: satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements.
- For continuing students: to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2.
Maximum duration of five semesters and one intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance. For the Counseling Psychology graduate program, the duration may be extended to a maximum of seven semesters.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester.
- A stipend.
- Housing allowance or accommodation at the University residences based on need.
- Student services and activities fees.
- Medical service and health insurance fees.
- May cover remedial English language requirements.
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of related academic work.
- Students must maintain full-time status.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
- A mandatory training for teaching assistants must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. For more information about teaching assistantships, click here.
How to Apply
- Check how to apply to the Graduate School of the American University in Cairo and submit the online application.
- Submit the online fellowship application.