FAO Scholarships for Food and Agriculture in Hungary
Type: Master's Degree
Who: Citizens from the specified Arab countries interested in the fields of Food and Agriculture
What: Tuition fees + living expenses
When: 2020 - 2021
Where: Partner Universities in Hungary
Program Length: 2 years
Deadline to Apply: 28 February 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen
Destination Countries: Hungary
Academic Subject(s): Agriculture, Food
Applications are now being accepted for the FAO Scholarships in Hungary program for students pursuing a Master of Science degree in food and agriculture in the 2020-21 academic year. These fully funded scholarships are provided through a collaboration between the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Government of Hungary. Selected candidates will carry out their studies at a Hungarian university.
Deadline: February 28, 2020.
The scholarship will cover:
– Application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes.
– Dormitory accommodation.
– Subsistence costs.
– Health insurance.
The following universities and faculties are participating:
– Szent István University, Faculty of Food Science
– Szent István University, Faculty of Horticultural Science
– Kaposvár University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Citizens and nationals of the following Arab countries can apply to this scholarship:
Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Sudan, Yemen.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
– Citizenship and residency in one of the eligible countries.
– Excellent school achievements.
– English language proficiency (for courses taught in English).
– Good health.
– Age (candidates under 30 are preferred).
How to Apply
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by e-mail (to [email protected]) consisting of:
– Application form duly completed.
– A recent curriculum vitae.
– A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment.
– A copy of a certificate of proficiency in English.
– Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number.
– A letter of recommendation.
– Statement of motivation.
– Health Certificate issued by medical doctor.
– Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in English. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.