Equal Access Scholarships at University of York, UK
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate)
Who: Students seeking asylum in the UK
What: Tuition fees + Stipend
When: 2020 - 2021
Where: York University, UK
Program Length: Three years
Deadline to Apply: 30 April 2020
Citizenship: Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Yemen
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Equal Access Scholarships at the University of York, in the United Kingdom, are offered to students who are seeking asylum in the U.K. Applicants will first have to apply to an undergraduate degree at the university. The aim of these full scholarships is to provide equal opportunities to people coming from disadvantaged backgrounds and conditions.
The Scholarships cover:
– Complete tuition fee
– Stipend worth £10,660
Deadline: 30 April 2020
1. Applicants must be citizens of a non-European Union country.
2. Applicants must be seeking refuge in the United Kingdom.
3. Applicants who have applied for and are selected into an undergraduate degree program in the university are eligible to apply.
4. Applicants should have applied for refugee status in the U.K. before they apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
You must apply online for this scholarship using the scholarship application form.
As part of the application, you will need to provide:
– Your UCAS personal ID (this is 10 digits long and can be found on your offer letter).
– Your York Application ID (this is 9 digits long and can be found on your offer letter).
– A personal statement.
– Evidence of your asylum status, for example, your biometric residence permit.