Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Arab female students interested in studying in the UK
What: – International tuition fees – £26,640 / UK tuition fees – £10,620
Where: Birmingham University – UK
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 30 June 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The School of Computer Science at the University of Birmingham, in the United Kingdom, is offering three scholarships, generously funded by DeepMind, to applicants who meet the awards’ diversity criteria and hold either a conditional offer or an unconditional offer for the M.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning programme.
Two scholarships are available to U.K. students, and one is available to an international student.
The University of Birmingham, with support from DeepMind, is committed to increasing accessibility to and enhancing diversity of underrepresented groups in computer science.
AI systems are becoming ever-more embedded in our lives, and ensuring diversity in expertise is essential to make sure they are fair for our entire society. These scholarships will enable talented students with a passion and interest in AI to take the next step towards fulfilling their ambitions of a career in this field.
Deadline : June 30, 2022
The scholarship for international students is valued at £47,680, and the scholarships for U.K. students are valued at £29,860 each. Those amounts will be applied against:
– Tuition fees – £26,640 international; £10,620 U.K.
– A maintenance grant of £15,840 (to use for living costs), paid in installments over the duration of the course
– Funding of up to £2,000 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or machine learning during the course, as well as £1,500 towards purchase of essential equipment.
– £1,700 to assist with relocation expenses
– Identify as female or Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicity.
– Be able to demonstrate that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance.
– Have already received a conditional or unconditional offer to study the M.Sc. Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham.
How to Apply:
Applications are now being accepted through our online form. Please only make an application once you have received a conditional/unconditional offer, as we cannot consider you until you hold one.