DAAD Scholarships for Graduate Studies in Germany
Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Students from development countries looking to study in Germany
What: Tuition fees + related cost
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: HTW Berlin, U Göttingen, and U Leipzig
Program Length: Two years
Deadline to Apply: 31 August 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Destination Countries: Germany
Academic Subject(s): Development Practice, Economics, Political Science
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering scholarships for students from developing countries to pursue master’s degrees in economics and business administration. The selected candidates are trained in a way that they can later play a part in bringing sustainable development to their countries.
These scholarships are offered for time periods of 12 to 36 months, depending on the duration of the program. Travel costs, health coverage, a monthly stipend, and other benefits are offered by these scholarships.
The scholarships are available at the following host institutes: HTW Berlin–University of Applied Sciences, University of Göttingen, and University of Leipzig
Deadlines are different for all the offered programs.
– M.A. in Development Economics: October 1, 2020
– M.A. in International and Development Economics: August 31, 2020
– M.B.A. in Small Enterprise Promotion and Training: October 1, 2020
Eligible Arab Countries: Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Yemen, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia. Check the full list of Eligible Countries.
Other criteria include:
– Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
– The bachelor’s degree must be in a subject related to the field of study for which the applicant is applying.
– Applicants should have 2 years of professional experience.
– Applicant’s degree should not be older than 6 years.
– Applicants should not have been living in Germany for more than 15 months.
– Applicants must be proficient in the language they choose for study (English, German or both).
How to Apply
Applicants must first apply to the host institute of the program they want to enroll in. After receiving an acceptance letter from the host university, they can apply for DAAD German scholarships.
The DAAD portal will be available 6 weeks prior to the deadline. For more information about the required papers and deadlines, please check this link.