Australia Awards Scholarships for Palestinians
Type: Master's Degree
Who: Palestinian students interested in studying in Australia
What: full tuition fees return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
Where: Participating Australian universities
Program Length: 2 years
Deadline to Apply: 30 April 2021
Destination Countries: Australia
The Australia Awards–Palestinian Territories Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. The awards are open to Palestinians who reside in the West Bank, Gaza or East Jerusalem, and who wish to further their careers through master’s degree study in Australia.
The awards aim to help recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia. Applicants will be assessed on their professional and personnel qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to have an impact on development challenges in the Palestinian Territories. Applications from women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Priority fields of study are public policy, agriculture, water and health.
Deadline: 30 April 2021
– Full tuition fees.
– Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy-class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
– A one-time establishment allowance upon arrival.
– Contribution to living expenses.
– Student health insurance for the duration of the scholarship.
– Supplementary academic support.
– A fieldwork allowance.
– Be Palestinian nationals who reside in the Palestinian Territories.
– Have two years of work experience.
– Hold a bachelor’s degree.
– Show English-language proficiency.
– Plan to return to work in the Palestinian Territories on completion of their program.
How to apply:
– Go to the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). When you register online, you will be required to answer some questions to establish your eligibility. You will then be given a unique registration number, username and password. To start your application, press here.
– Once submitted, your application cannot be changed. It is strongly advisable that applicants applying online to do so well before the closing date. OASIS experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays.
– Refer to the Applicant’s Online User Manual for help.