ACI Foundation Fellowship for the MENA Region
Type: Master's Degree
Who: Students who are pursuing their degrees in fields related to construction
What: $10,000 to $15,000 educational stipend for tuition, residence, and books
When: 2021 - 2022
Where: Partner universities in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, or Tunisia.
Program Length: One year renewable
Deadline to Apply: 02 November 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The ACI Foundation’s Middle East & North Africa Fellowship is awarded to graduate students from the MENA region who are majoring in construction, design, education, or materials programs during the year of the award and are interested in a career in practice or education in the concrete industry.
The ACI Foundation is a nonprofit organization established by the American Concrete Institute to promote progress, innovation, and collaboration by supporting research and scholarships, while also serving as an independent resource to provide thought leadership and strategic direction for the concrete industry.
Based on essays, submitted data, and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select student recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
Fellowship recipients will receive the following:
– $10,000 to $15,000 educational stipend for tuition, residence, books, and materials;
– Paid travel expenses and attendance fees to two ACI conventions (fellowship finalists must attend the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed, where they have the option of being assigned a Convention Guide); and
– Assistance in finding an industry mentor.
November 2, 2020.
– Applicants must be from the MENA region.
– Applicants must attend a college or university in the Gulf Cooperation Council region (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates), Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, or Tunisia.
– All applicants must be proficient in the English language. If English is not your native language, a written statement must be attached to the application attesting this proficiency.
– Those applicants chosen as a finalist for an ACI Foundation fellowship must be available to attend an interview with the Scholarship Council on Sunday, March 28, 2021, at the spring ACI Concrete Convention. ACI Foundation will pay for the flight, hotel, registration, and will include a travel stipend. You must apply and receive a Visa from your country to attend the ACI Concrete Convention.
– Fellowship awardees are expected to submit a written report near the end of their fellowship period describing the value of the fellowship to their personal development and to their preparation for their chosen career after graduation.
How to Apply:
All applicants must submit the following five items:
– Applicant’s contact and educational information.
– A résumé.
– A 500-word essay.
– Official transcripts.
– Two endorsements, which are statements of evaluation of the applicant, in terms of potential for growth, character, leadership capacity and career interest.
Submit your application to this link.