If you have amazing social media management skills and you want to build experience and help make the voices of Arab academics, researchers, students and artists heard and do all that while working remotely, then keep reading!
We are Al-Fanar Media, a non-profit online publication that covers education, research, and culture in the Arab world. We are seeking a Communications Assistant Intern to work together with our communications director to grow our community of readers in size and engagement and work with the editorial team on various journalistic projects. Managing social media communities and creating digital content will be a major part of your job.
In this role, you should have good social media marketing skills, a basic knowledge of digital visual content creation tools and attention to detail. If you also have an enthusiasm for education, research and culture in the MENA region, we’d like to meet you.
We offer a paid internship and a flexible work-from-home scheme with a global team of highly experienced professionals in communications and journalism, and the opportunity to learn more about the world of academia, research and arts in the Arab world.
We need you to
- Help implement communications strategies
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. social media posts, press releases, email outreach)
- Assist in creating digital content and executing social media and community building strategies
- Update databases and media lists
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
Our perfect match
- Understands media relations, digital media strategies and social media paid promotion
- Proficient in Google Docs and Sheets; familiarity with visual design software (e.g. Photoshop)
- Solid editing and researching skills
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written, Arabic and English)
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field is desired
A friendly virtual workplace
Al-Fanar Media strives to be a friendly virtual place to work that supports all team members, supports women and minorities, and does not discriminate against any nationality or religious affiliation. Over our publication’s seven years of existence, Al-Fanar Media has developed a strong reputation for quality throughout universities and nongovernmental organizations in the Arab region and beyond.
How to apply
Interested applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Communications Assistant Intern”.